CAMI Hiring Executive Director - Position DescriptionTo view and share the position description PDF click here.
The Cybersecurity Association of Maryland ("CAMI") seeks a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves leader that is an energetic, business savvy, entrepreneurial, seasoned executive director. The Executive Director is responsible for guiding CAMI's strategy, strategic initiatives, fundraising, board engagement, and financial and operational oversight within the context of the organization's mission, vision, values, goals, and policies as established by the Board.
- Cybersecurity companies with businesses and government entities seeking cybersecurity products and services
- Cybersecurity job seekers in Maryland and beyond with MD cybersecurity jobs as well as with MD resources for gaining the skills, education, and certifications needed for jobs of interest
- Resources to entities in need of cybersecurity guidance, expertise, or awareness.
- Subject matter experts through our Speakers Bureau for partners requiring training, panelists, conference facilitators, or keynote speakers.
A successful candidate will be able to expand CAMI's partnership network locally, regionally, nationally, and globally to create new program opportunities. In addition, the Executive Director will also guide CAMI as it addresses the cyber workforce shortage issues by developing and implementing strategies to connect companies, job seekers, and stakeholders.
Professional Qualifications Required
- Serve as CAMI’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance CAMI’s Mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, including fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Overseeing CAMI’s Committees.
- Day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, Board, volunteers, and sponsors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to sponsors, members, and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with a small staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent sponsor relations skills
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence, including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- A bachelor’s degree.