Announcing the 2019 Maryland Cybersecurity Award Winners
350 attend 3rd annual awards celebration
On Thursday, April 11th, the nonprofit Cybersecurity Association of Maryland, Inc. (CAMI), in partnership with EZShield, Maryland Department of Commerce and Point3 Security, hosted the 3rd Annual Maryland Cybersecurity Awards Celebration. Before a sold-out crowd of 350 attendees at the Maryland LIVE! Casino & Hotel in Hanover, MD, 15 awards were presented to Maryland companies, organizations and individuals judged to have outstanding cybersecurity products, services and/or programs or to have made a substantial contribution to Maryland’s cybersecurity industry.
Click here to view photos from the event.
Following opening remarks from CAMI’s Executive Director Stacey Smith, and CAMI Chairperson and President & CEO of Edwards Performance Solutions, Gina Abate, the evening’s program was co-emceed by Evan Dornbush, Co-Founder & CEO of Point3 Security, and Darrell Laffoon, Chief Technology Officer, EZShield and included remarks and award announcements from the following:
- Jerry Walker, CEO, Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation
- Robel Worku, Business Development Specialist, Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation
- Sharon Markley-Schrieber, COO, Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore
- Nick Zajciw, Cyber Incubator Manager, bwtech@UMBC representing on behalf of Baltimore County Department of Economic and Workforce Development
- Leonardo McClarty, President & CEO, Howard County Chamber of Commerce
- Denise Beaver, Deputy Director, Carroll County Economic Development
- Secretary Kelly Schulz, Maryland Department of Commerce, representing on behalf of Frederick County Office of Economic Development
- Maggy Powell, Senior Manager, Exelon Corporation
- April Doss, Partner, Saul Ewing, Arnstein & Lehr
- Brian Hubbard, Director, Commercial Strategic Business Unit, Edwards Performance Solutions
- John Leitch, President & CEO, Winquest Cybersecurity
- Ryan Howard, Business Banking Sales Manager, PNC Bank
- Scooter Monroe, Director of Development, Weller Development Corporation
- Krysta Herring, Director – Asset Management & Leasing, COPT
- Christopher Holt, Maryland Regional President, BB&T
And the 2019 Maryland Cybersecurity Awards recipients are:
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-376-8667.